Menu

Friday, April 15, 2011

Mourning Doves Sitting In A Tree

 

 

IMG_2266 Mourning Doves_812

Making Reservations at the Bird Feeder Cafe 

 

 

 

IMG_2267 Love Birds_812

Love was in the air on this warm Spring day

 

 

I took my camera to work a couple of weeks ago , and captured these two love birds, sitting in a tree. I had just finished for the day, and now that the days are longer I was able to have a little fun with my camera.  So on this day I was thankful for work, and play.

I haven’t been out much with my camera as I have had a lot going on with work, the house being up for sale, among other things.

I hope you are all doing well, and have a nice weekend.

These Mourning Doves aren’t white, but they reminded me of an old song. 

 

 


On the Wings of a Snow White Dove
Words and music by Bob Ferguson


On the wings of a snow-white dove
He sends His pure sweet love
A sign from above
On the wings of a dove


When troubles surround us, when evils come
The body grows weak 
The spirit grows numb 
When these things beset us, He doesn't forget us
He sends down His love
On the wings of a dove

 
On the wings of a snow-white dove
He sends His pure sweet love
A sign from above
On the wings of a dove

 
When Noah had drifted on the flood many days
He searched for land 
In various ways 
Troubles, he had some but wasn't forgotten
He sent him His love 
On the wings of a dove


On the wings of a snow-white dove
He sends His pure sweet love
A sign from above
On the wings of a dove .

 

 

Matt.11:28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

 

Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[ have been called according to his purpose.

 

I leave you with just a few things to ponder. 

May your burdens be light, and may you find rest in Him.

Love and Care

Dianne :)

21 comments:

  1. I absolutely love those birds. They always sound mournful perhaps but I always am reminded of good things when I see and hear them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply lovely, Dianne. Hope all is going well with you, dear one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love the mourning doves. They have a certain peace about them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely capture Dianne I love Doves to watch them near by on the tree. They come and go and canoodle :) Lovely words . I do hope things are going your way take care , look forward to your next outing when you get time. Hugs Sheila :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photos are just beautiful. I love the song too, one of my favorite hymns.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dianne these are just Georgeous.!!. Wonderful Outstanding Photography. Have a great Saturday .
    Much Love
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Mourning Doves. We have therm here as well and they have surprised me by flying up to the feeder rather than feeding from the ground.

    Beautiful capture Dianne. xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would sure not fail to make reservations for any birds that want to show up. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Dianne,

    Thank you for posting these great pictures and words.

    Have a great weekend. Hugs Nita.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The banded doves hang out around here. They swoop in under the bird feeder and peck at the seeds the little birds have tossed out. It works pretty good, they get the seeds off the ground and the area is clean, somewhat.

    Nice pics and good words to go with.

    Hope there is some interest and lookers for your house.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved everything about this....have a wonderful weekend. I'll add the sale of your house to my prayer list...until then, rest in His peace.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful photos of lovely couple Doves.
    And songs goes with very well Dianne.
    We have them in here but they are little skinny than yours lol!
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dianne Thank you for you kind words.
    I too was speehless up there and dont think I would go back up.
    Have a fantastic week.
    Blessings to you my friend.
    xo

    And I love your header. It is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you took your camera to work, nice clear captures Dianne! Happy Easter!
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Dianne,

    Simply Gorgeous Photography!

    May you and your loved ones be blessed this Easter weekend! May Christ’s message of eternal life fill you with love.

    ♥... In His Love, Kerrie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved your pictures, I had over 15 doves in my tree this morning
    and didn't know what it meant, very unusual sometimes I see 2, but
    they kept coming and coming along with finches. I felt the holy spirit
    was trying to tell me something. Then I read the song posted, On the Wings of the Dove.... Thanks for your posting this song.... I needed to hear....Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeanne,God Bless you, and thank you for also encouraging me with your visit and comment. Happy New Year to you.
      Dianne :)

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails