Menu

Monday, November 26, 2012

Say No To Bullying

IMG_2989_ Cat and Mouse

The Stare Down

 

 

 

 

IMG_2991 Cat and Mouse

Knocked Down But Not Out

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_2997 Cat and Mouse

Standing His Ground

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_3002 Cat and Mouse

Made His Escape

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_3004 Cat Looking For Mouse

Now Where Did He Go?

 

 

 

I was out for a drive with my camera one afternoon last week, looking for something to catch my eye. Then I seen it just out of the corner of my eye. An interesting cat out on someone’s front lawn in pursuit of something in the grass. I pulled over to the side of the road, and backed up, and hurried to get my camera out of my bag. As I was doing that I seen the cat swat at the mouse, and then the stare down, and all of a sudden the mouse leaped up into the air at the cat as if to bite its nose. I missed that shot and was so impressed with the little mouse standing his ground, and fighting back, and waiting his chance to escape. The cat was a little distracted when it seen me sitting in the car with my camera, and the mouse took that moment to scurry away and I assume he found a hole to crawl in to make his getaway. The cat looked for it and then finally left and went back to the house. So I drove away and was glad I had my camera, and captured these few pictures. I was glad the mouse got away. I don’t mind them as long as they are outside, and not inside the house.

I thought the title for my post was perfect considering the difference in size. Sort of like “David and Goliath.”

So my thought is, if you have giants or bullies in your life, stand your ground, and never give up.

-------------------------

 

I have been busy doing this and that, and have started my Christmas shopping. We finally had a few sprinkles of snow this morning but not enough to cover the ground. It wont be long now. As you can see we still have green grass. I am looking forward to a White Christmas. We put our Christmas Tree up this evening, and yes we listened to some Christmas Music and drank a little eggnog also. And you know what, I am getting into the Christmas Spirit. I love that word “Christmas” and what it represents. And you wont catch me saying Happy Holidays. Too me it means a whole lot more than that.

How about you? Have you started  preparing for Christmas , or is it too soon? I am looking forward to it, and a few days off work also. :) I just hope and pray my family all stays healthy, and we can all get together this year. I hope and pray you all are well, and stay healthy as we celebrate Christmas. After all, there is only 30 days to go.

Well I had better soon get my beauty sleep as tomorrow is the start of another work week. Hope you all have a great night, and week, what ever you do or don’t do.

God Bless each and every one who passes by.

Sincerely, Dianne :)

23 comments:

  1. Hi Dianne,

    Enjoyed your pics and post. I am quite behind with Christmas preparations this year, still sorting out the move. I will not wish anybody Happy Holidays either. For me it is Happy CHRISTmas, as we celebrate the birth of Our Saviour. Happy Birthday Jesus

    Hugs across the big pond - Nita

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a post Dianne that brave little mouse , and maybe that little help from you thank goodness.The shots are just great you where lucky to catch the moment. Thank you for sharing.
    Not started any Christmas shop yet Dianne , 30 Day's crumbs. My Birthday comes first so hope to have a shopping trip and lunch with my Lady friends.
    Hugs Sheila wishing you well and your family.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mouse that roared or the of mice and cat and the best of laid plans. To live but another day. Christmas is in the air, there are decorations abounding on streets and homes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have to hand it to that little mouse...that's living proof that courage can come in small sizes! I have to say things like that inspire me so much personally! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love your sense of humor, Dianne!

    As you well know, I don't get into Christmas until the week before if at all. I try to celebrate Christ's sacrifice daily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you Gail. :) And,Yes, we do get to celebrate Jesus and all He has done for us, each and everyday. He is no longer a baby in a manger, but is King of Kings, and Lord or Lords. Mighty God, is He.

      Delete
  6. Thank you all for stopping by, and your encouraging thoughts, and comments. Hope you all have a great week.
    Dianne :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our cat used to do this too...so fun to watch...until the bitter end. Thankfully, our cat wasn't fast and often the mouse would get away without becoming dinner.That first picture is purrrr-fect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Tuxie..just reminds me of Katie Isabella. :-)

    Katie would have made short work of the mouse. She kileed several here in the house before I found the hole they were coming in.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness. I see this all summer long and then the cats are off to the vets. Too cute , and it is awful to watch and I just cant. Glad you captured the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dianne, that's quite a capture, its not to often we get to see a cat & mouse game. Of course not such a game to the mouse but he/she sure is brave! Were not really ready for Christmas yet, but time is really moving fast!

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not very keen on cats, ie: domestic cats, they kill birds.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad that the mouse escaped, poor little thing. Yes, the cat is the bully.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Dianne this series of photos is just priceless. That is one lucky mole that he got away. Well the snow has arrived at our place finally and it is piling up quickly. Got all my decorations up and Christmas lights outside. Waiting a few more days to put the tree up. Kinda of burnt myself out the last week with trying to get so much done. So now just the tree and a little baking. Well a lot more then that, but for today that's all I am letting into my mind. So wishing you and family and very blessed Christmas. Hugs Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Dianne..this is priceless. I love that you captured the feistiness in that little 'David.' Absolutely love it and that he got away...love that too. Great shots...great message. Thanks for sharing it....hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely blog...Lovely cat and lovely lady !
    My pleasure to follow your beautiful blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you all so very much for your comments. They are all wonderful to read.
    oxox Dianne :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Replies
    1. Yes it is a beautiful cat and thank you for stopping by and leaving your comment Julie. :)

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails