Menu

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Best Wishes for 2009

December 31

Best Wishes For 2009

I want to thank you all for your friendship and all that you have added to my life through your wonderful and unique Blogs, this past year.

I am not sure where this new year will take us or the world. We live in a fast moving world where things can change very quickly for the good or the not so good. I am an Optimist at heart and I do look for God's Beauty in His Creation that surrounds me each and every day. I see the good and I see the bad in this world but I try to live my life by Faith, Hope and Love, and that is what I pray for each one of you, as we continue this journey of life. May we all embrase it, for life is precious and each one of you are Precious!

I have not had much time to sit and reflect and think about what I wanted to say. I need to get ready for work but want you all to know that you  are in my thoughts and I am looking forward to visiting you all in the New Year.

Have a wonderful and safe time as you celebrate the birth of the New Year. In closing I leave you with this little story called, "The Optimist". Love and Hugs! Dianne:)

The Optimist

The optimist sees the doughnut, the pessimists, the hole.

                                           Quote by: McLandburgh Wilson

'

Their is a story of identical twins. One was a hope-filled optimist." Everything is coming up roses!" he would say. The other twin was a sad and hopeless pessimist. He thought that Murphy, as in Murphy's Law, was an optimist. The worried parents of the boys brought them to the local psychologist.

He suggested to the parents a plan to balance the twins' personalities. "On their next birthday, put them in separate rooms to open their gifts. Give the pessimist the best toys you can afford, and give the optimist a box of manure." The parents followed these instructions and carefully observed the results.

When they peeked in on the pessimist, they heard him audibly complaining, " I don't like the color of this computer... I'll bet this calculator will break... I don't like the game... I know someone who's got a bigger toy car than this..."

Tiptoeing across the corridor, the parents peeked in and saw their little optimist gleefully throwing the manure up in ther air. He was giggling, "You can't fool me! Where there is this much manure, there's got to be a pony!"

Source Unknown

Hope this year is kind to you all!  Blessings! Dianne :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails